- Jan Shillito /
- Celebration Ceremonies, Outdoor weddings, Uncategorized, Wedding Plannning, Wedding Venues, Woodland weddings /
- 23 January, 2014 /
- No comments
When we’re not writing, styling and conducting wedding, renewal of vows and naming ceremonies, we’re out on the road seeking new and interesting off the beaten track, alternative wedding venues and outdoor locations to hold our ceremonies.
Our stomping ground is Yorkshire and it’s surrounding counties so if you’re newly engaged and looking for somewhere truly unique to have your personal ceremony, we might just have come across the one that make you feel “this is us”! Whether you are looking for a blank canvas to create a festival style event, a magical woodland, an english country garden, lavender fields, a rustic barn, a country house, private estates or a new site to have a Papkata or tepee we can help so.
Given that Lonely Planet recently placed Yorkshire third in the top ten of ‘must visit’ places in the world in 2014 I thought over the next few weeks I’d share with you some of Yorkshire’s hidden gems that I’ve discovered along my travels this year.
First up is Camp Katur:
Set in the grounds of the wonderful Camp Hill Estate in Bedale, North Yorkshire, Camp Katur is a whole new kettle of fish when it comes to alternative wedding venues. It’s a breath of fresh air, quite literally, and as a wedding venue just keeps on giving and giving! I first met the lovely Kerry Roy , owner of Camp Katur, there in the autumn of 2012. Within five minutes I knew that we would get on like a house on fire; we had similar dreams and ambitions and our new businesses were the perfect match. Her “venue” was the yin to our yang.
Here’s a quick summary to give you an idea whether it’s right for you but you can find out more insider info on Camp Katur on our ‘Venues’ page.
It’s for you if you:
- love the great outdoors
- want a blank canvas to create a personal statement
- would like flexibility on the where to have your ceremony or reception should you be worried about the weather
- want a place that allows you to get more creative
- love music as much as each other
- want a more relaxed ceremony and wedding style
- want on site accomodation and glamping facilities for you and your guests
What kind of wedding & ceremonies can you have there?
Why have we chosen to work with Camp Katur?
- they are lovely, helpful people
- they select only the very best in wedding suppliers in the north to work with
- it’s unique and flexible
- they always inventing new experiences