Our next hidden gem is in beautiful Yorkshire in a very accessible location just south of York. Escrick Estate is a traditional private estate with a modern outlook and bags of potential. It has been lovingly owned and nurtured by the Forbes Adam family for over 300 years to create a Natural Sanctuary and Parkland.
We always have our ears open and nose to the ground so can let you into a little secret-but you’ll have to move fast as good news travels fast! Until now, the only area available for hire was restricted to the beautiful parkland for the quirky Papkatas, tepees and modern tents. However as of this summer, new areas of the estate are being opened up for wedding celebrations and our ceremonies making it a very interesting location-just remember you heard it here first!
Now you can have your ceremony surrounded by the grandeur of Skipwith Hall, the residence of Mr Forbes Adam and his family. Through the impressive wrought iron gates is the beautiful “Kitchen Garden” where a maze of herbs, veg and cut flowers borders and crab apples surround a circular pool which is the perfect spot for your ceremony and beautiful marquee reception creating the quintessential english country garden wedding. In front of the Hall sits an ancient Mulberry bush surround by 4 acres of walled gardens, just stunning!
If the Estate’s parkland and Kitchen Garden are not enough, the little jewel in the crown of this location is the super Little Theatre providing a quirky alternative to holding one of our personal outdoor or marquee ceremonies. Whether you or your family members are budding thespians or not, this little beauty is sure to make it a very unique place to say “we do”.
Your personal ceremony doesn’t have to be indoors either, you also have use of the imposing temple for an outdoor ceremony.
Whether you are looking for grandeur, quirkiness, english country garden or open countryside this wonderful location has so much to give. Perhaps conservation is your thing or you just love natural beauty spots then Escrick Estate can make your location more meaningful and personal to you.
To help you decide if it’s right for you here’s our quick summary for Escrick Estate:
It’s for you if you:
- are keen to have your wedding and ceremony at a natural conservation location
- want a quirky building for your ceremony
- would like your ceremony to be held in the grandeur of a family estate
- want a place of natural beauty, parkland or english country garden
- are looking for something new
- don’t want to hire all of the estate, just part of it
- have always wanted an outdoor wedding ceremony
What kind of weddings & ceremonies can you have there?
Bespoke, personal ones. Our ceremonies are written, styled and conducted for and about you. You have the freedom and flexibility to say what you want to say and promise to each other, choose the music, poems, lyrics or traditions that are meaningful to you or give them a new take. We are nationally qualified and approved by Government training body Ofqual. Unlike Humanists, as an Independent Celebrant you are free to choose whether you include religious, spiritual content or keep it totally secular, it’s entirely up to you.
But most importantly we tell your own story and create a ceremony that’s unique to you whether that be:
- a magical wedding ceremony in a Papkata , TotallyTipi, Boutipi , Yorkshire Yurts or marquee
- an english country garden wedding ceremony
- an outdoor wedding ceremony
- a more “traditional” wedding ceremony that include your own personal touches
- a contemporary wedding ceremony designed for you
- a wedding ceremony that give you the freedom to incorporate secular, spiritual or religious references
Why have we chosen to work with Escrick Estate:
- The flexibility of the venue
- The beautiful parkland
- it’s uniqueness
- it’s accessibity
- it’s dedication to conservation
Hope to meet some of you lucky brides there soon.
If you are interested in having your wedding or renewal of vows ceremony at Escrick Estate email Jan to check availability: firstname.lastname@example.org – don’t forget to provide a telephone contact number or drop us a line 07745 385 981.